Our client is a Canadian based and privately held organization that maintains its commitment to innovation, partnering with customers in formulating solutions and socially responsible business practices. With coast to coast production capabilities and across the globe, our client can seamlessly offer customers effective solutions throughout the world.
General Description of the position:
In a context of rapid growth, the successful incumbent will be responsible to develop product direction and strategies for the biggest product portfolio of the organization in line with the strategic plan. The successful incumbent will also be responsible to develop an annual plan to establish a coherent plan with the different product portfolios of the organization and to work with Top Retailers to ensure its success.
Responsibilities and Mission:
Required qualifications, aptitudes and experiences:
- Establish regular and timely communications on product introductions, wins, announcements, changes, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the sales team is kept up to date on new developments regarding competitor’s products.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues Research and Regulatory to address any issues that may arise.
- Ensure a close liaison and regular communications with sales personnel to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material and to ensure that the printed promotional material is being used optimally.
- Manage product assortment and channel differentiation by brand and other metrics
- Responsible for providing the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product. This involves printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and relevant documentation.
- University Degree in Marketing or Commerce or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- Product management & marketing experience in a CPG company with multi-channel segments – preferably in building brands in automotive or hardware channels (experience with Home Depot, CTC, Napa is an asset) or other DIY product
- Creative – demonstrated successful new product launches (with metrics) and developed new ideas and perspectives; practical experience in building innovation in product lines with high market share and significant brand awareness
- Consumer marketing focus experience vs. product centric