Our client is one of the largest transportation company in Canada and in the world. In business for close to 100 years, the organization is recognized as an innovative player in its field and an organization that focuses on the well-being of its employees. Well respected internationally, the organization has embarked on a Digital-Transformation and is currently growing significantly its IT and Digital Teams.
We are currently looking for a Technical Lead, Data Infrastructure
to lead the solution architecture, implementation, integration and maintenance of our client's Business Intelligence and Analytics technical stack. The company has a goal to increase the utilisation of data and insights into its key commercial processes and its decision making.
Responsibilities and mission:
Required skills, experience and aptitudes
- Responsible for the overall solution architecture
- Responsible for system selection, implementation and integration
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of integrations, apis, micro-services and connectors.
- Ensure the proper interface between systems
- Ensuring that the tech stack capabilities are in line with the business roadmap
- Responsible for proper performance of each system
- Emphasize on data consolidation, data quality and master data management
- Impose the development patterns of data pipelines
- Ensure to reduce technical debts
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computing Science or related Engineering field.
- 8-10 years in information technology
- 5 years experience in BI solution architecture
- Demonstrated experience working with various third-party data sources (MS D365) and connections to these through APIs as well as direct-to-DB and flat files.
- Experience with:
- A major ETL tool, preferable Talend Datafabrics.
- OLAP model and OLTP database models.
- AWS S3
- Self-service BI tools, preferably PowerBI.
- Cloud and hybrid data topographies.
- Maintaining data quality and integrity in a complex and ever-changing data environment.
- Maintaining source code in Git and managing a CI/CD pipeline.
- Ability to lead when required and to provide a healthy autonomous work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability of being at ease in difficult situations.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure for data ingestion, processing and warehousing.
- Advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, and consider yourself a self-starter
- Great communication and customer service skills and proven ability to deal with users at all levels of the organization.