Our client is a Canadian based and privately held organization that maintains its commitment to innovation, partnering with customers in formulating solutions and socially responsible business practices. With coast to coast production capabilities and across the globe, our client can seamlessly offer customers effective solutions throughout the world.
General Description of the position:
In a context of rapid growth, the successful incumbent will be responsible to develop, lead and implement the marketing strategy for the organization throughout the Americas. This is a newly created position to drive the new marketing strategy from Selling products to customers
to Providing solutions for consumers.
The Head of Marketing – Americas will be responsible to provide leadership and support to the organization’s continuing expansive growth. Furthermore, the Head of Marketing – Americas is expected to strengthened existing product categories, while strategizing on new product categories thus contributing to the organization’s agility and its ability to broaden its solution offering and access markets beyond its historic boundaries.
In alignment with the overall business strategy, the Head or Marketing – Americas envisions, develops and executes the strategic commercial marketing plan and optimizes the development of products and services into winning solutions. The role provides the leadership to ensure that all key marketing elements are functioning at a high-level, while facilitating sustainable growth through the categories in which the organization competes.
With planned rapid growth in all sectors and geographies, the role is integral to strategizing, developing, and executing transformative marketing strategies which emcompasses B2B and Consumer markets.
Responsibilities and Mission:
- Lead the marketing function at a strategic level and work operationally where required to guide a dynamic, responsive and forward-thinking team;
- Develop the marketing strategies to surpass strategic plan objectives;
- Lead and coach the Marketing Services Team, including Director and Category Manager levels. With Human Resources, drive talent attraction, development and retention, ensure appropriate initiatives are in place to maximize performance of the function;
- Build, plan and ensure capability to develop and execute an omni-channel stategy across all brands and locations;
- Build, align and manage the marketing budgets required to support this dynamic function;
- Build and/or build upon external agency/consultant vendor relationships and effectively align them with needs and internal capability; and
- Act as the marketing sponsor with C-Levels and VPs within the organization.
Required qualifications, aptitudes and experiences:
- Brand Management – oversee the short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure sustainability of category and company branding;
- Digital Platforms – strategize, create and ensure flawless education of marketing/brand initiatives in digital environments and on emerging platforms to support both B2B and Consumer audiences;
- Marketing Operations – ensure oversight of the marketing operation portfolio including content, creative, social/digital and production;
- Measure Brand Performance – sales, gross margin, return on marketing investment, delivery of consumer insights and develop plans around it;
- Financial Management – work with finance to ensure that budgets are in place to support current and future initiatives; and
- Sales Support – ensure that sales strategies and initiatives are supported and well aligned with Marketing.
Preferred qualifications, aptitudes and experiences:
- 15+ years’ experience in a marketing function for a Consumer Goods manufacturing company (CPG/FMCG);
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership position;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field;
- Excellent communication skills in English and great presenter;
- In-depth understanding of sustainability models and proven strategic capabilities;
- Innovative, creative and ability to lead projects on cross-functional teams;
- Natural leader and good executive presence, ability to lead his/her team and rally others within the organization behind his/her vision;
- Data-driven, deep understanding of numbers and ability to identify current and future market trends;
- Thrives at leading and developing a team of marketing professionals;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute operationally when needed;
- Experience on strategizing and executing integrated digital and traditional campaigns across a range of platforms; and
- Critical thinker, creative problem-solver, great negotiator and team-player.
- Masters’ Degree in a related field; and
- Good communication skills in French.